How to contact us about privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, please read the following details carefully and get in contact with us if you have any questions. You can contact us on:
The Beach Life Manly Pty Ltd
In this policy we refer to:
Personally Identifiable information (Personal Information): This is information from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
Sensitive information (Sensitive Information) is a type of Personal Information which is information you disclose to us about your physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Non-Personally Identifiable information (Non-Personal Information): This is information that by itself does not identify you. For example, your IP address, data about your use of our website and the type of browser you use.
When do we collect Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information in various ways:
- in the course of your visit to our website, if you input Personal Information where this is requested;
- by various other means during your interaction with our business.
- registering your details with us, for example by opening an account or otherwise registering for a service or offering;
- purchasing of goods or services from our website;
- participating in promotions or competitions whether on our website or elsewhere;
- registering for, or participating in a forum operated on our website;
- participating in one of our questionnaires, programs or events on our website or elsewhere.
When do we collect Non-Personal Information?
The purpose for which we collect information
Generally speaking we use the Personal Information and Non-Personal Information we collect to help us to provide you with our services and offerings and to assist with administrative operations that are connected with those.
More specifically, Personal Information collected is used when we:
- provide our services and offerings including orders for goods or services placed via the website;
- advise you about the status of your account, an order or an event or other offering that you are registered for or have indicated you wish to be notified about;
- advise you of updates to services or offerings or let you know about changes to our website or make other announcements;
- responding to enquiries or similar that you send to us;
- conduct our own marketing;
- use information for a purpose you have otherwise consented to.
Non-Personal Information is used when we
- optimise and/or personalise the experience you get from our website;
- provide data on website use to third parties, for example, advertisers on our website.
What happens if I decline to provide information?
You may decline to provide us with Personal Information we request however, this may mean that certain of our offerings are not then available to you (for example, you cannot purchase goods and services from our website if you do not supply your name, and the contact and billing details requested). You may also decline to provide us with certain Non-Personal Information (for example by setting your computer to block cookies) but this may mean that you are unable to enjoy the full functionality of the website.
In this section ‘Affiliate’ means a person or an entity which controls, or is controlled by us, whether or not by ownership or another mean. Control can be direct or indirect.
Sensitive Information will only be used or disclosed by us and our Affiliates for providing our services and offerings to you. It will not otherwise be disclosed or used unless you have expressly consented; we are required to by law; or, in an emergency, to do so is considered likely to reduce a serious threat to a person’s health or safely.
We may disclose your other Personal Information to:
- our Affiliates;
- third parties if those persons or entities are used by us in order to carry out (or help us carry out) any of the purposes for which we have collected the information (for example if we use a third party to help us process orders or carry out accounting functions);
- persons or entities specifically consented to by you;
- persons we are required by law to make the disclosure to.
Access, correction and deletion
You may access Personal Information we hold about you by making a request to the Privacy Officer. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover costs of retrieving your Personal Information. If you think the Personal Information we hold about you is misleading in any way, please advise our Privacy Officer and we will review respond to you within a reasonable time.
If we no-longer require your Personal Information for the purposes set out in this policy we will either destroy it or take steps to de-identify you.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us or our Affiliates by using the “unsubscribe function” on direct marketing communications or by making the request in writing directly to our Privacy Officer.
We will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of your Personal Information, including placing limitations on access to Personal Information within our organisation.