Ready in under 15 minutes this spicy rice bowl is the perfect choice when you’re looking for a quick refuel after a lunchtime workout.
You will need:
- 250g pre cooked basmati rice
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen edamame beans
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Sriracha sauce
- 4 tbs sesame seed oil
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- pinch salt and pepper,
This lunch is all about speed so do yourself a favour and buy the pre-cooked rice portions, ready to go in just 90 seconds.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips. Place a pan over a medium heat and add a little olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and pan fry until golden.
- To make your dressing, place all the dressing ingredients into a jam jar, screw the lid on tightly and give it a good shake.
- Place the edamame beans into a microwaveable bowl and pour boiling water over the top. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, then drain carefully and rinse under cold running water to stop them cooking further.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the pan from the heat and spoon over a few spoons of sesame dressing and leave to rest.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, capsicum and edamame beans to a bowl and place the chicken over the top. Once cool, store in the fridge ready for lunch the following day.
- When you are ready to eat your lunch after your workout, microwave a portion of the basmati rice on full power for 90 seconds. Once piping hot squeeze a little sriracha sauce over the rice and mix. Spoon the spicy rice over the top of the chicken and vegetables and give it one final stir. Spoon the remaining sesame dressing over the top and enjoy.