On the plate in 5 minutes these are perfect for refuelling after a training session. Using lentil flour will give these fluffy hotcakes a delicious nutty taste.
You will need:
- 1 cup lentil flour (130g)
- 1/2 cup egg whites (pasteurised)
- 2 medium whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt
- Mix the lentil flour, cinnamon powder and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add two whole eggs and about half the milk then whisk until you have a thick batter.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they have tripled in size and formed soft peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake batter making sure you don’t lose the air bubbles you have created. If the batter is still looking a little thick add a touch more milk.
- Heat a small non stick pan over a medium heat and drizzle a small amount of olive oil into the pan.
- Ladle a serving of batter into the pan and scatter raspberries over the top, drizzle a little more batter over the top sealing the raspberries in.
- After about 90 seconds carefully flip the hotcake over and cook for another 45 seconds.
- Serve 2 hotcakes with a spoon of greek yoghurt and top with fresh raspberries and a little honey.