These tasty sliders are the perfect accompaniment for your next summer bbq or long weekend away with friends or family
You will need:
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large red cabbage leaves
- 4 baby gem lettuce leaves
- 2 large handfuls beansprouts
- 1 medium sized mango diced
- 2 tsp Thai seasoning
- ½ bunch coriander finely chopped
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 lime
- 2 spring onions roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- sesame oil
- olive oil
- Slice the chicken into tenderloins or strips and place in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Thai seasoning over the top along with a good pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and mix well with your hands.
- Pan fry the chicken tenderloins in a little olive oil until golden brown.
- Once cooked remove the pan from the heat and squeeze the juice from ½ a lime over the top then leave to rest.
- Roughly chop the mango flesh into a pulp and add to a small bowl. Add the rest of the lime juice to the mango along with the coriander and chilli flakes and mix well.
- To build your sliders sit a baby gem lettuce leaf inside of a red cabbage leaf. Add a small handful of beansprouts then top with 2-3 chicken tenderloins and a spoon of mango jam, finish with a sprinkling of spring onions over the top and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Make these a few hours before the event and store them in the fridge ready for when you need them. Adding the sesame oil just before you are ready to serve.