Ideal for a mid week dinner, this delicious combination of braised leeks and crumbed fish is super satisfying!
You will need:
- 2 barramundi fillets
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 large leeks
- 6 slices bacon finely chopped
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200’c
- Top and tail the leeks and remove the outer skin. Slice each leek down the middle and wash the dirt from in-between the leaves. Do this by turning the leek upside down so the water washes the dirt into the sink.
- Finely slice the leeks on the angle then pan dry in a little olive oil. Once soften add the garlic, bacon and fresh thyme. Once the bacon starts to brown move the contents of the pan to a roasting tray.
- Boil the vegetable stock and add to the leaks. Cover the tray with some tin foil and place on the bottom shelf of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the leeks are braising add the breadcrumbs to the mixing bowl, mix in the zest from a lemon and half the finely chopped parsley. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the barramundi then coat in the breadcrumbs. Push the breadcrumbs firmly into the fish until each fillet is well covered.
- Place the fish into an ovenproof tray then sprinkle a little more breadcrumbs over the top of the fish.
- Turn the oven down to 180’c and roast the fish on the top shelf of the oven for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the fillet.
- Add some bowling water to a bowl of frozen peas and microwave for 3 minutes then drain.
- Once the leeks are cooked mix in the rest of the chopped parsley and the cooked peas through the leeks and squeeze some lemon juice over the top. Serve the leeks in the middle of the plate with the crumbed fish on top.