Yes, 30 minutes is all it takes for your body to start burning fat! Set yourself up for summer with this killer workout.
Balance is the key
In order to get great results it’s important to eat a well balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Structure your week to include a mixture of strength and cardio sessions. For these sessions to be effective, the intensity needs to be high which means working harder for longer with minimal rest, or grouping the exercises together creating a circuit. Remember, strength sessions don’t always have to be in a gym. Getting outdoors and using a strength band is a great place to start!
Here are 4 of my favourite exercises that can be done anywhere and anytime, along with a HIIT session that will leave you dripping!
Bulgarian split squat
Targets: Glutes, thighs and hamstrings.
Perform:10 repetitions on each leg for 4 sets.
- Start with the top of your foot balancing on the back of a bench or step.
- Keeping your shoulders back and your chest up, lower your knee to the ground.
- Push your heel through the ground and come back up.
Targets: Glutes and hamstrings.
Perform: 15 repetitions for 4 sets.
- Secure a mini strength band just above the knees.
- Lying on your back, squeeze your butt cheeks and lift your hips up whilst pushing through the ground with your heels.
Targets: Legs and cardio.
Perform: 8 sets of 20 seconds sprints.
- Stair sprints are one of the most effective exercises to increase your cardiovascular fitness whilst strengthening your legs and burning body fat all at the same time.
- Find a set of stairs that will take you about 20 seconds to run up.
- Sprint to the top then walk back down slowly as your rest.
Targets: Rectus abdominis and obliques.
Perform: 16 repetitions for 3 sets.
- Performing this exercise slowly really challenges the abdominal muscles.
- Start by lying on your back with your legs out straight, placing your hands by the side of your head.
- Keeping your left elbow on the ground, sit up whilst bringing your right elbow and left knee towards your chest.
- Lower yourself back down slowly, repeat with the opposite side.
Legs are the biggest muscle in our body. Working these groups is a great way to maximise efficiency and burn maximum calories.
Full Body HIIT Session
Short but super effective, this HIIT session targets the whole body and will leave you feeling great.
- As you get stronger and fitter, try to increase the intensity and number of repetitions.
- Follow these sessions over the next 8 weeks and watch your body go from strength to strength!
- Step back lunges
- Tricep dips
- Mountain climbers
- Reverse crunches
- Prone knee lifts
Find many more fitness tips and tricks in my 12 Week Plan!
Designed to fit around your lifestyle, with beautiful and simple fresh food and exercise sessions, my 12 Week Plan is sustainable in the long term, so that you can lead a longer, healthier and happier life.
- Fuel: 75 incredibly easy and tasty recipes to fuel your body.
- Fitness: 40+ different 30 minute Sweat & Strength sessions, no gym membership required!
- Dynamic recovery and re-fuel sessions.
- Advice, tips and motivation.
- Regular challenges to keep you on track.