Looking for a bit of a change from roast potatoes? These hasselback sweet potatoes with a touch of paprika are a funky and flavoursome accompaniment to turkey, ham, chicken or beef.
You will need:
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 230°C. Slice a small piece off the bottom of each potato creating a flat side to the potato. Turn the potato so the flat side is on the bottom then, using a sharp knife carefully slice ¾ of the way through the potato. Repeat this every ½ cm.
- Mix the butter and paprika together in a small bowl and smear into the cracks of the potatoes then arrange onto an oven tray. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Cover with tin foil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the tin foil then return back to the oven for another 30-35 minutes.
- Once cooked, spoon the sour cream over the top and sprinkle with fresh coriander and slices of chilli.