An easy family favourite. Roasting the chickpeas brings out an incredible natural nutty taste full of flavour.
You will need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tins chickpeas
- 1 punnet perrino tomatoes
- 3 tbs creme fraiche
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 bunch fresh taragon
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag rocket salad
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Lay the chicken breasts onto an ovenproof tray and season with salt and pepper then cover with some tin foil and roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Whilst the chicken is roasting, wash and drain the chickpeas and pour into a deep oven dish.
- In a separate bowl mix the tomato puree, grated garlic, 5 tbs of olive oil and cracked black pepper. Add the puree to the chickpeas and mix well. Sprinkle the perrino tomatoes onto the chickpeas and scatter a few tarragon sprigs around the tomatoes.
- Place the dish in the bottom oven at the same temperature as the chicken and roast for 15-20 minutes. Once the chicken has had 25 minutes remove the tin foil and turn the oven settings to grill. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes to colour the top.
- In a separate bowl, add the creme fraiche, wholegrain mustard, some cracked black pepper and then the rest of the tarragon finely chopped. Squeeze half the juice from a lime and stir into the creme fraiche.
- Spoon the tarragon creme fraiche over each chicken breast. Serve with a side of rocket salad.