Pork is one of my favourite meats, it's lean, super tasty and only takes minutes to cook, Throw some smoked paprika and chilli potato chips into the mix and some healthy greens and you have a winning dinner combination.
You will need:
- 2 large pork steaks
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 6 large kale leaves
- dijon mustard
- chilli flakes
- 1 lemon
- Pre heat your oven to 200°C
- Slice the sweet potato into thin wedges, to do this top and tail the potato then cut in half then in half again and finally slice that wedge into about 1cm slices.
- Lay the thin wedges onto an oven proof tray lined with greaseproof paper then drizzle with salt pepper, smoked paprika and chill flakes.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes turning halfway.
- Slice the stalks off the kale then blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove, from the water and refresh until cold water.
- To cook the steaks season well with salt and chilli flakes. In a hot pan with a little oil fry the steaks for 6 minutes on one side then turn and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Squeeze a little honey and lemon juice over the top of each one then remove from the heat and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Whilst the pork is resting spoon a little dijon mustard over each steak and spread evenly. The mustard will add a great little kick as the juices release from the meat.
- Roughly slice the pork on the angle and roughly tear the kale, mix together to rewarm the leaves.
- Serve with the sweet potato chips and spoon the resting juices over the top along with some fresh lemon juice.