This dish is an absolute favourite at my house. The stuffing adds a delicious mediterranean flavour and keeps the chicken nice and tender as it cooks.
You will need:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp of pesto
- 4 slices mozerella
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp moroccan spice
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- drizzle olive oil
- 8 cocktail sticks
- Preheated your oven to 200°C
- Trim any excess fat or skin off the chicken breast then lay it on its side. Cut a slit in the chicken creating a large pocket, then spread a little pesto inside.
- Fill each chicken breast with 4 sun dried tomatoes and 2 slices of mozzarella cheese. Close the pocket and push 4 cocktail sticks through the gap sealing the ingredients in. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the cauliflower rice, finely slice the head of the cauliflower, the finer you can cut it the better. (If you aren’t confident cutting the cauliflower really fine use a cheese grater.)
- In a pan cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil then add the cauliflower rice and the moroccan spice. Add teaspoon of tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add a splash of water so the puree doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the heat and fold in some fresh parsley.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the cocktail sticks and slice on the angle. Sit on top of a serving of cauliflower rice and tuck in.