Theres nothing better than knowing you are getting some serious goodness into your body and with this mouthwatering salad you can’t help but feel energised. With so many superfoods tossed together this salad really is a winner.
You will need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 bowl frozen peas
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1/2 bag spinach
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 lime
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large handful walnuts
- salt and pepper
Marinating meat adds flavour and tenderises the meat. Why not marinade a few more chicken breast strips to enjoy as a snack in the morning or later on in the day.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Slice each chicken breast into 4 large strips and place in a mixing bowl. Add the ground coriander, mustard salt, pepper and olive oil. Lay the chicken strips on a tray and grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and squeeze 1/2 a lime over the top. Wrap in foil and leave to rest.
- Boil the peas in a pan of water for 3 minutes then refresh with cold water, drain and then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Slice the cucumber into small pieces and add to the peas. Finely slice the spinach leaves and add to the mixing bowl. Slice the chicken and pour a little of the juice into the mixing bowl with the peas and the spinach. Roughly chop your mint and add to the salad.
- Finally, squeeze the other half of the lime over the top of the salad and mix everything together. Drizzle a little olive oil and cracked black pepper over the top along with some chopped walnuts.