How often have you picked up a bag of ‘healthy' muesli and realised that, although it's full of ingredients that are good for you, its also packed with sugar. Well this recipe has all the goodness without the hidden preservatives or processed sugar. Your breakfast routine just got a whole lot better!
You will need:
- 6 cups rolled porridge oats
- 1 cup goji berries
- 1 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup flax seeds or linseeds
- 2-3 level tbs cinnamon powder
- Greek yoghurt
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Scatter the porridge oats, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and cinnamon powder into a large mixing bowl and mix. Line an oven tray with greaseproof paper then spread the oat mix evenly over the oven tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- After about 8-10 minutes carefully mix the oats around ensuring the bottom is now near to the top then return to the oven for the remaining cooking time.
- Once cooked add the cacao nibs, goji berries, coconut flakes and dry roasted almonds. You are adding these now as they would burn in the oven.
- Allow the mix to cool then pour into a glass jar with a sealable lid.
- Serve 30g (just under 1 cup) of granola with 1/2 a stone fruit and 2 spoons of Greek yoghurt.