One of my favourites for the weekend and not to mention the perfect breakfast for refuelling post workout!
You will need:
- 1/2 a punnet of blueberries
- 4 eggs
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup whoelmeal flour
- almond milk
- rice bran syrup
- 3 tbs ricotta cheese
- pinch salt
- Fold the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence together then fold into the dry mix.
- Whisk the almond milk into the mix until you have a batter consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat and drizzle a little olive oil into the pan. Spoon enough batter for one pancake into the pan.
- After about 30 seconds in the pan sprinkle a few blueberries into the centre. Once you start to see the edges of the pancakes colour, flip the pancake and cook for another 60 seconds.
- Repeat this process and serve 3-4 per person.
- Stack the pancakes on top of each other and serve with a large spoon of ricotta cheese fresh blueberries and a little drizzle of rice bran syrup.