Try these epic hearty sweet potato cakes, they are so easy to make and absolutely delicious.
You will need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 small leek
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 4 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 4-5 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 bowl breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 bag rocket
- 2 thumb sized pieces feta cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Cut the sweet potato into small pieces and cook in a pan of boiling water with a little salt. Once soft, drain and mash with a potato masher.
- Finely dice the rest of the vegetables into small pieces. Pan fry the veg in a non stick pan with a little olive oil and fresh thyme. Fry until golden brown. After 3-4 minutes in the pan add the vegetables into a large mixing bowl along with the sweet potato mash.
- Fold the mash into the veg then shape into patties. If the mix seems a little wet add a couple of tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and chia seeds together. Coat the patties in the breadcrumb and chia seed mix then lay onto an oven proof tray. Grill for 5-6 minutes until nice and crispy.
- Serve with a rocket and feta salad and dress with balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil.