Pomegranate provides the perfect zingy tartness to transform your simple grilled chicken to create an impressive healthy summer meal.
You will need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 yellow capsicum
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 4 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Slice the chicken into thick strips. drizzle with olive oil, and season well with salt and pepper. Grill for 15-20 mins turning halfway.
- Place the quinoa in a pan and cover with 2 cups of boiling water, bring to the boil then reduce and simmer for 15-20 mins. Once cooked refresh under cold water but don’t cool completely.
- Make your dressing by adding all the ingredients together in a jar and shaking well. Once the chicken is cooked pour the dressing over the top and leave to rest.
- Cut the pomegranate in half, turn upside down over a cereal bowl and bang the skin with the back of a dessert spoon, the seeds should fall into the bowl.
- Drain the pomegranate juice and leave to one side. In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients together and enjoy.